June 27th, 2023
by Adam Stoddard
Today, teams within Status Hero accounts are completely isolated from one another. That works great for small companies and single-team accounts, but it doesn’t map to how larger multi-team companies work in real life. What’s happening on the design team affects the development team and vice versa; context across teams is crucial.
Our goal is to make Status Hero a great tool for companies and departments, not just individual teams. And we’re making it happen, starting today, with an update that makes the majority of settings account-wide instead of team-specific. It sets the stage for bigger updates we’re working on, and makes a bunch of stuff better right now:
- Set and forget integrations - Instead of setting up integrations from scratch every time you create a new team, now you can turn them on once in your account settings and never think about it again. A few integrations like Slack and Microsoft Teams remain team-specific for now, but we have plans.
- Streamlined settings - We gave account, team, and personal settings a soup-to-nuts overhaul, with a fresh UI and revamped information architecture that makes it faster and easier to manage every facet of your account.
- Account-wide profiles - Instead of team-specific user profiles, every Status Hero user now has a single profile that’s used across every team that they’re on.
- Account-wide Check-in configuration - Don’t want to use mood tracking across the board? Want to change a Check-in question across every team? No problem. Check-ins now have global settings that apply to every single team on your account. Individual teams still have a few settings for enabling/disabling Check-ins for an entire team, setting custom schedules, and opting individual people out of Check-ins (what we used to call “Observer mode”).
- Company holidays - Instead of adding holidays independently for every team in your account, now you can manage company holidays from a single screen. Don’t worry about team holidays you’ve already created; they’ll automatically get added as company holidays.
This release is just the beginning; over the next few months, you can expect to see a steady stream of updates to key features like Check-ins and Goals, and a slew of new features that aim to make Status Hero the place for building alignment and staying on top of everything that’s going on at work.